[BlueOnyx:07515] Re: Site Prefix & Underscore

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 21 19:13:19 -05 2011

Hi Hans,

> One thing I noticed is a bit odd and our users are complaining about is
> that if a Site Prefix is set, all usernames will be created like
> prefix_username Anyone can answer why there is a underscore thrown in?

It's kind of what Steven said. There had to be some kind of a separator
bewteen prefix and username. Sensible characters were either a dash, a dot or
an underscore. I choose the underscore, as dashes and dots are somewhat more
common in usernames than underscores. But even if someone throws in another
underscore into the username part itself, it won't cause problems.

The checks if a username already exists on the system (or if it's available)
take the total and combined username (prefix, separator and username) into
account to see if the name is available or not.