[BlueOnyx:07516] Re: Site Prefix & Underscore

Hans Draaisma - Netvictory B.V. hans at netvictory.nl
Tue Jun 21 19:49:56 -05 2011

Ah, sorry. I totally missed the point that Steven was making. On second look his examples showed what was gonna happen it there was NO separator. (My native language isn't English, maybe that's why.)

But still users are complaining about the underscore in their usernames.

"There had to be some kind of a separator between prefix and username"  -> I see this kinda different. Because the check if a username is already taken is done on the combined prefix&username there will only be a slight/slim change that a username already exists if there was no separator....Just have to choose the prefix wisely. The prefix is there in the first place to rule out the possibility that people will create usernames like administrator, sysadmin, info, email etc.

Best regards,

Hans Draaisma
Netvictory B.V.