[BlueOnyx:07518] Re: Site Prefix & Underscore

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Jun 22 03:31:07 -05 2011

On 22 Jun 2011, at 01:49, Hans Draaisma - Netvictory B.V. wrote:
> "There had to be some kind of a separator between prefix and username"  -> I see this kinda different. Because the check if a username is already taken is done on the combined prefix&username there will only be a slight/slim change that a username already exists if there was no separator....Just have to choose the prefix wisely. The prefix is there in the first place to rule out the possibility that people will create usernames like administrator, sysadmin, info, email etc.

It's not an ideal situation sadly. But i think it's pretty much the best we can do for now. If you wanted to avoid underscores the best you could do would be to prefix manually again, but thats no good if you have more than one person doing users.

Are the underscores breaking anything (i.e. some mail clients don't like them?) or is it just end users complaining because end users like complaining? :P