[BlueOnyx:07530] Re: MX record preference numbers

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:12:03 -05 2011

Chris wrote:
> Not within the GUI.  You could probably edit the file by hand at
/etc/named/db.DOMAIN.TLD and then reload
> named.  But I don't know what the long-term effects of that would be.
(Operating with an abundance of caution

There is an include file for each domain in the dns. Look in
/var/named/chroot/var/named
For a file like db.yourdomain.com.include (this will not get overwritten by
the GUI.)

Add a line like the following: (or look in db.yourdomain.com for the format)

yourdomain.com.     in mx 10 mail.yourdomain.com.

The do:
service named reload

And you should be all set.

I hope that helps.