[BlueOnyx:07539] Re: active monitor warnings regarding ftp

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Fri Jun 24 11:27:37 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Florian Arzberger" <arzberger at maxxnet.de>

> hi,
>
> every night i get active monitor warnings at around 2.45 telling me that
> ftp
> is down and could not be restarted, a few minutes later ftp gets back up
> again. my guess is that the mails are related to some nightly cron stuff,
> but i don't know why exactly they are triggered. does anyone know the
> problem and how to work around it?

Florian

I believe that is caused by your resolver not responding at that time.
You could try a different resolver IP for one night: possibly the fairly
slow Google resolver 8.8.8.8

Or, set a longer timeout in your swatch scripts:
#one line below
perl -p -i -e 's/# we use telnet to connect/# we use telnet to connect\nset
timeout 30\n/g' /usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/*.exp

----

Ken M

Precision Web Hosting, Inc.

http://www.precisionweb.net