[BlueOnyx:07563] Re: wireless client settings

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Thu Jun 30 13:12:48 -05 2011

We only had one problem with our BO/BQ boxes. Some providers proxy email, so
beware of using Pop before SMTP. ATT was doing it for a while and would
cause our relay database to be wrong, as they would proxy our pop, but not
our smtp traffic; port110 would come in from their server, but the SMTP
traffic would come directly from the phone itself, breaking the
functionality. We were using a nonstandard port for SMTP, so that could have
contributed to the issue as well.

The other gotcha is make sure your iphones are hitting it via IMAP. They
don't seem to play well with BO/BQ boxes when they pop messages. Messages
tend to pile up and are not deleted as configured by the handheld settings,
and they sometimes get really weird errors connecting to the servers.

Just my .02