[BlueOnyx:07564] Re: wireless client settings

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com
Thu Jun 30 16:00:24 -05 2011

Roy Urick wrote:
> We only had one problem with our BO/BQ boxes. Some providers proxy email, so
> beware of using Pop before SMTP. ATT was doing it for a while and would
> cause our relay database to be wrong, as they would proxy our pop, but not
> our smtp traffic; port110 would come in from their server, but the SMTP
> traffic would come directly from the phone itself, breaking the
> functionality. We were using a nonstandard port for SMTP, so that could have
> contributed to the issue as well.
>
> The other gotcha is make sure your iphones are hitting it via IMAP. They
> don't seem to play well with BO/BQ boxes when they pop messages. Messages
> tend to pile up and are not deleted as configured by the handheld settings,
> and they sometimes get really weird errors connecting to the servers.
>
> Just my .02

tried no popb4smtp and smtp auth
I see erorrs like

 Jun 30 09:35:54 ns1 sendmail[938]: STARTTLS=server,
relay=parus.verizonwireless.com [162.115.228.35], field=cn_issuer,
status=failed to extract CN

Jun 30 09:35:54 ns1 sendmail[938]: STARTTLS=server,
relay=parus.verizonwireless.com [162.115.228.35], version=TLSv1/SSLv3,
verify=FAIL, cipher=DHE-RSA-AE

--
Gerald Waugh
Front Street Networks - RaQware