[BlueOnyx:06668] Re: Latest Admin Server GUI Update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 11 19:04:48 -05 2011

Hi all,

> I got it here on a box that is not using the testing repo. Looks like
> Michael may have decided to make the new theme update public already?

The "gallery" update (mentioned on the devel list) ended up in the public
repository instead of the testing repository. This ain't a big issue anyway,
as the gallery update "just" contains the new GUI theme called FireSmoke that
Rod Morgan donated. Thanks again, Rod!

And yes: Editing a default theme like Merlot isn't the best way to do it. Rod
Morgan for example did it the right way with his contribution: He substitute
his own XML file and also put all his new graphics into a new subdirectory.
Which makes it really easy to find out which graphics belong to that theme.

As for sites loosing their PHP settings: This used to happen quite frequently
in the past and over the last couple of releases Taco and I made some code
changes that improve the situation and make this a lot less frequent. The last
update to base-vsite as done by Greg deals with other issues. As far as I can
tell it should not affect that behaviour at all. But I'll take a closer look
at it again.