[BlueOnyx:06680] Re: fstab

KA0JON ka0jon at our-klan.com
Sun Mar 13 01:46:50 -05 2011

You should specify the device partition in fstab, like:

/dev/sdb1           /home             	 ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota
1 2

Try a manual mount before to verify this gives you what u need.

D.

Hi Dudi,

Yes I made my folder in /mnt folder (/mnt/sdb)
And tested it using  mount /dev/sdb /mnt/sdb

And then using midnight commander I made a copy of /home folder  to
/mnt/sdb/home folder. And the put /dev/sdb/home           /home
ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota        1 2
In fstab to replace original home path, Perhaps I broke
Links using midnight commander

David