[BlueOnyx:06681] Re: fstab

Dudi Goldenberg dudi at kolcore.com
Sun Mar 13 02:57:08 -05 2011

>Hi Dudi,
>

>And then using midnight commander I made a copy of /home folder  to
>/mnt/sdb/home folder. And the put /dev/sdb/home           /home ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota        1 2
In fstab to replace original home path, Perhaps I broke
Links using midnight commander

This still sounds wrong...

The line in /etc/fstab should read:
/dev/sdb           /home ext3 defaults,usrquota,grpquota        1 2

Try a manual mount of /dev/sdb to some mount point and see if it mounts.
If the drive has a single partition, I fell that the device should be /dev/sdb1 instead of /dev/sdb

David

Regards,

D. (4X4XX...)