[BlueOnyx:06695] Re: google apps and cname DNS

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Mon Mar 14 12:53:08 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Hugo Sesma

Hi,

Recently one of our customers puchase google apps and request to move email and other services, they requested to add several cnames to our costumer DNS. I have read always recomewndations form Michael against this practice.

but now it seems that is no way to avoid them.

Any suggestions to make this configuration work better with using cnames here is the first line they are requesting

domain.comgooglefffffffff2b90663CNAMEgoogle.comA

Thank in advance.

Regards

<<

There is no problem with cnames unless they are used by the email system. We've set up the cnames for google apps a few times.

----
Ken M
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net