[BlueOnyx:06816] Re: Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Sat Mar 26 20:32:20 -05 2011

The SMTP banner has nothing to do with DNS, it is the local
name the server has for that IP address based on the /etc/hosts
file.  Check that file and make sure each IP on the box has the
correct name in the /etc/hosts file, restart sendmail and then
check (telnet <ip> 25) and the box should helo with the name
you put in the hosts file for that IP address.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net