[BlueOnyx:07230] Blue Onyx on Oracle Enterprise Linux?

Jeff Rhys-Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Thu May 5 23:33:40 -05 2011

I'm going to get totally flamed for suggesting this, but with the uncertainty about Centos, plus the fact that Oracle own both Java and MySQL - has anyone thought about OEL as a potential candidate to base BX on in the long term?

Its basically RH Enterprise but at a fraction of the support cost. For users of Oracle VM with the optional per-server support contract, all your OEL guests get free support.

Also for Oracle VM specifically, there is a JEOS (Just Enough OS) template builder that allows someone to build there own mini footprint custom Linux and re-distribute.

...just an idea!

Jeff