[BlueOnyx:07284] Re: Can someone offer any insight on what is causing this crash on a DL360 G4?

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu May 12 11:18:07 -05 2011

Tony,

I have been experiencing this same issue with a DL380 G3 with six drives in
a RAID5.  Mine occurs only after a new kernel comes in via Yum and I edit
grub.conf to make default=0.  Setting up iLO to trace the error didn't help,
because my console output looks identical to image you posted.  The valuable
information to solving this problem is "lost" as the 80x25 console displays
scroll the important part of the error message off the screen.  I have
modified my system logging to log kernel errors to a logfile so I can review
that "missing link" that scrolls off the top of the page, but since I did
this it hasn't locked up again.

Search the archives for posts from me about DL380 G3.