[BlueOnyx:08961] Re: BX in Proxmox

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 3 06:43:48 -05 2011

Hi Eiji Hamano,

> Hi  Michael
> You do not support the template for Proxmox ?

The BlueOnyx OS templates work fine out of the box on OpenVZ and Aventurin{e}.
Without any needs for hacks, quirks, work arounds or dirty tricks. All there
is to do is to download the template and to create VPS's with enough disk
space, sufficient resources, 2nd level disk quota enabled and not to change
the default password until the web based setup of BlueOnyx is done.

If Proxmox doesn't support 2nd level disk quota (which is - and always has
been - a fundamental feature of OpenVZ), then this deficit is nothing that I
can fix. Likewise: Under OpenVZ there is no restriction how an OS template is
named. Why Proxmox imposes an artificial and unnecessary restriction on this
and forces you to have OS templates named in a special way is also beyond my
understanding.

Having said that: No, I will not invest my valueable time into finding work
arounds to fix deficiencies in the design of a competitors platform.