[BlueOnyx:08973] Re: BX in Proxmox

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Fri Nov 4 10:37:43 -05 2011

Eiji,

How can you berate Michael for something you consider "out of character"??  That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard!

Michael turns out a commercial product in Adventurine.  He has a fiscal stake in it working and will take care of any problems in it.

But there is a competing product available in Proxmox.  It may not have been designed as a direct competition to Adventurine, but it will take customers away from Adventurine.  So logically, Michael probably wouldn't care less if Proxmox doesn't work right - its taking business away from his commercial product.

You discover a problem in Proxmox, but expect Michael to fix it??  That's ludicrous!  Why would he spend even one minute fixing a competing product??

Listen.  If you've got a problem with Proxmox - go see the Proxmox developers about it.  Don't try to lay the responsibility to fix it on a competing product's developer.  And don't try to lay the responsibility on the BlueOnyx maillist.  While there may be some people on this maillist who can offer help or suggestions - this list is for BlueOnyx, not Proxmox.

If you don't get a resolution from the Proxmox developers - then break down and buy Adventurine.  Michael will guarantee that Adventurine works with BlueOnyx.  Apparently the Proxmox people wont!!

Chuck