[BlueOnyx:09121] Re: php stopped working

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Nov 27 13:50:40 -05 2011

Hi Bob,

> Stopping and starting php from the admin doesn't do anything.

I see.

> Looks like my admin added a host to add monit to the server and it updated
> suphp

I don't understand that. What was done?

> getting a No user or group set - set suPHP_UserGroup in the apache files
> now

Where exactly do you get that error message?

> I've updated /etc/suphp.conf to match my other blue onyx box.
> Where else are there suphp settings?

Your /etc/suphp.conf should look like this:
[global]
logfile=/var/log/httpd/suphp_log
loglevel=info
webserver_user=apache
docroot=/
env_path=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr
umask=0022
min_uid=501
min_gid=500

; Security options
allow_file_group_writeable=true
allow_file_others_writeable=false
allow_directory_group_writeable=true
allow_directory_others_writeable=false

;Check wheter script is within DOCUMENT_ROOT
check_vhost_docroot=true

;Send minor error messages to browser
errors_to_browser=true

[handlers]
;Handler for php-scripts
x-httpd-suphp="php:/usr/bin/php-cgi"

;Handler for CGI-scripts
x-suphp-cgi="execute:!self"

Anything else suPHP related is in the Apache vhost config files.

Example: /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site2

# BEGIN Bandwidth SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
# END Bandwidth SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
# BEGIN WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
AddHandler cgi-wrapper .cgi
AddHandler cgi-wrapper .pl
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType text/html .shtml
suPHP_Engine on
suPHP_ConfigPath /home/sites/www.site.com
suPHP_AddHandler x-httpd-suphp
AddHandler x-httpd-suphp .php
# END WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
# BEGIN PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
php_admin_flag register_globals Off
php_admin_flag allow_url_fopen On
php_admin_flag allow_url_include Off
php_admin_value open_basedir
/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/home/.sites/143/site2/
php_admin_value post_max_size 100M
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 100M
php_admin_value max_execution_time 120
php_admin_value max_input_time 120
php_admin_value memory_limit 100M
# END PHP SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN

Could it be that you installed software from a third party YUM repository?

What does the command "rpm -q mod_suphp" report?

And also do a "tail -50 /var/log/yum.log" and in clude that in your report.
That shows us which updates were recently installed.