[BlueOnyx:08793] Re: WordPress Research

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Tue Oct 11 10:04:23 -05 2011

Mike,

I've setup several wordpress blogs and migrated several others from other
platforms including BQ onto BX 5106 (Centos 5 based blue onyx). I have the
compass php package installed. V5.3.

What I do is setup the site with a suPHP and a web site owner. I create a
MySQL database for wordpress if there is none available. I untar the
wordpress sources into the site's web folder or the sub-directory where the
blog will be located.
Then change the owner/group to match the site's ownership. Finally I go
through the web based setup. Viola. A wordpress blog.

Compass also makes a web app installer. I probably should be using that, but
I'm a curmudgeon.

A little soapbox:
Whomever you may buy an add-on from, whether it's to upgrade php, add
spamassassin, mailscanner, or clamav, or whatever I consider it a good
investment. These add-ons are well supported and good value for anyone who
values their time at all.
Back off the box...

	-Stephanie