[BlueOnyx:08916] Re: Curious problem with dovecot

Arbalister arbalister at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:57:53 -05 2011

Just out of curiosity, I grepped my maillog to look for those...and any that
I have show (no auth attempts) and no usernames associated with the
attempt...other then a few that are obvious attempts to brute force
(usernames like webmaster, admin, etc) that were eventually nailed by
denyhosts.

In the years I've run this box I've never had a user report anything like
what you're seeing.  Interesting...