[BlueOnyx:08940] Re: OT: Domain Registries

Jim Randall jim at randallwebsite.com
Mon Oct 31 11:04:30 -05 2011

Martyn, I have a Web Business and have had a GoDaddy Reseller account
for some time. For all but Domain-name related reasons, I have been
migrating non-domain services over to self-hosted 5106R BO servers. In
the background, though they don't know it, my customer's each get their
own account to my Reseller account, but I do all the Admin setup for them.

They don't call GoDaddy support because
#1. They don't know they can(most of them) So they call me.
#2. I support my clients personally due to them not understanding the
jargon.
#3. I keep them doing what they do, I do what I do. Since I'm providing
the service to them, I will support the back-end.

My Clients get a bill from my company so they never lose the personal
feel AND they never have to navigate through the "Junk checkout"
process. But if they want to leave, I give them the their information
and they can have full control. Nice and clean.

Some people have issues with GoDaddy services, and I won't argue or try
to convince. But, the Domain name service (to me) has always been easy
to control, and modify settings to. If interested, let me know,
-Jim