[BlueOnyx:08422] Re: OpenVZ template - can't start setup

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Sun Sep 11 08:51:20 -05 2011

Wahoo what an answer. Thousand thanks Michael.
First just an information, Proxmox need a formatted name to correctly
Now I tried with your suggestions.
The first problem was that Proxmox (here a v1.8) need to have a
configuration file in /etc/vz/dists, to initialize the vm, however it
uses a "default" file.
So I copy dists/centos.conf to dists/blueonyx.conf (because the template
was renamed to  "blueonyx-xxxxxxxxxxx.tar.gz"), and it uses it now. I
note that there is a "scientific.conf" file which is exactly the same as
centos.conf (and blueonyx.conf, now :) ).
I setup venet (I used venet and veth last time without success).
No option in the Proxmox vm creation screen to setup quotas. I must
create the vm, then, before lauch it, return into the vm configuration
screen, tab "Options" and enable the user quotas. I leave the max IDs to
500, the default.

Starting the VM, I find :
- Two interfaces, venet0 (in 127.0.0.1) and venet0:0 (with the IP I
gave). Strange...
- No user admin
- The startup screen in the GUI doesn't work anymore.

Well. Bad.
Tried with SL6.1 template : same thing.

Eventually : do you know a command line vith vzctl to correctly create a
vm with the templates at devel.blueonyx.it/openvz/ ? Maybe can I try
this to see the differences with the command used by Proxmox ?

Thanks.