[BlueOnyx:08495] Re: Japanese GUI Language still have some problem.

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Fri Sep 16 09:01:01 -05 2011

Perhaps there is a solution for dynamic pages (text not driven through
language files) like BX news.

http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

I have not done more than a quick read of this tool, but maybe a default
translation can be triggered with a little javascript based upon the BX
boxes locale? It's not perfect but at least it includes other languages
without manually translating them yourself. And it appears to me that google
translate does a fair job of automated translation.

With respect to language specific message files... it appears a error was
made with respect to them that caused non-english language settings to not
work at all - is that correct Eiji? If so, then I think Michael fixed that
specific issue. Is my understanding correct?

There is a longer term issue of maintaining non-english/non-german
translations of the language files. Eiji, would you or your friends in Japan
be able to help us with these translations so they can become part of the
project. It could be more Japanese friendly for everyone with your
assistance and continue to honor the Japanese origin of the BQ project.

To keep Japanese support current with BX we need Japanese help. Until your
recent messages I do not think we were aware of the ongoing issues you
described - having to manually reset message files, etc. with every yum
update that touched language files. We can't fix issues unless we know about
them.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie