[BlueOnyx:08607] Re: 5108R and ext4

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 26 09:22:11 -05 2011

Hi Mike,

> Next, I noticed the release was still using ext3, I modified the ks file
> for my installation to use ext4.  So far so good, but I'm wondering if
> there's a reason why not to use ext4 in the ks file, to take advantage of
> the new filesystem?

I'm not entirely happy with EXT4 yet and rather would give it some more time
to mature before I commit to it.

On EL5 EXT4 was sort of "bolted on" sometime during the release cycle and went
from Beta to "OK, you can use it now" a bit too quick and before all quirks
were taken care of. EL6 includes it right from the start as preferred choice.
And that went a bit too quick for my taste. I value my data. :o)