[BlueOnyx:08669] Re: home directory suggestion

Martyn Bailey martyn at solis.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 04:24:38 -05 2011

On 29 Sep 2011, at 12:36, Ernie wrote:

> Is it possible to make the site admin home directory at the top level
> so the web folder they see is the correct site folder? Or perhaps even
> rename it to something obvious website instead of web? Another idea is
> if personal pages is unticks then no to creat a web folder in their
> home directory. Pehaps the admins can have a symbolic link to the site
> pages in their home directory?

This is how you did it on Blue Quartz - I'll take a little look over the
weekend to see if it's do-able on BO unless someone else chips in -
 or MS offers to add it to core.  Anyway, this is the BQ way:

This solution provides a workaround, obviously use at your own risk
:-)

vi /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/ftp/config_ftp_site.pl

<VirtualHost $ftp_site->{ipaddr}>
    DefaultRoot     / wheel
        DefaultRoot             /
$Base::Vsite::SERVER_ADMIN_GROUP
        DefaultRoot             ~/../../..
$Base::Vsite::SITE_ADMIN_GROUP
        DefaultRoot             ~ !$Base::Vsite::SITE_ADMIN_GROUP
        AllowOverwrite  on
        DefaultChdir            /web  # new added

Also add it once to  /etc/proftpd.conf

Save and:

service xinetd restart