[BlueOnyx:08689] Re: home directory suggestion

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Sep 30 22:28:00 -05 2011

Michael Stauber wrote:
> If some FTP clients still get that wrong because their code sucks, then I
> don't really see it as our problem.

I tend to agree here.  Our in-house production staff uses DreamWeaver
with regularity on BQ/BX boxes and doesn't have any issues.  In
addition, our customer base, especially after exposure to our Knowledge
Base, doesn't seem to have continued issues.

IMHO, it doesn't make sense to make a bunch of base/core modifications
to a system that "just works" because a vocal minority doesn't seem to
be able to follow instructions.  Especially when you consider the
migration / upgrade issues this will present.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services