[BlueOnyx:10031] Re: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 4 05:15:01 -05 2012

Hi Eiji Hamano,

> But now, I am confusing about LOGIN screen of 5108R SL6.2.
>
> 1,  The 5108R SL6.2's LOGIN screen is always English with
>     Chrome v.18.0.1025.
>
> 2.  And it is always German with IE v.8.0.6.
>
> 3.  However it's fine Japanese with IE v.9.0.8 and Safari v.5.1.5.

Strange. The mechanism that shows the language on the login screen tries to
detect the language the browser is using. If the browsers language is among
the supported languages, then the GUI will show the text in that language.
Otherwise it will default to English.

I can test this with Firefox, as I have a plugin installed that allows me to
set the browser to different languages. But for Chrome and IE I only have the
German versions, so I cannot really test this.

> The 5108R SL6.1's screen is all fine Japanese now.
> The 5107R SL6.2's screen looks same as 5108R SL6.2's.
> The 5107R SL6.1's screen is always toggled English and Japanese.

If the box is fully YUM updated, it's not SL-6.1 anymore, but SL-6.2. So then
it should make no difference.

When you say "screen", do you mean the login screen, or the entire GUI?