[BlueOnyx:10047] Re: Reserved accounts

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 4 18:15:30 -05 2012

Hi Wayne,

> I assume a list of "reserved" accounts exist.

That's correct.

> any way to update the GUI to disallow the addition of any of the "reserved"
> account names, or at least warn against it?

That's a bit tricky, as it also depends on the host OS. BlueOnyx itself has a
few reserved aliasses such as these:

mailer-daemon
bin
daemon
ingres
system
toor
uucp
dumper
decode
nobody
root

And aside from that there are also some reserved system accounts from the OS
itself, which are listed at the top of /etc/mail/aliases

If you really need "info", then you could remove the "info" line from
/etc/mail/aliases. On 5107R/5108R it is linked to "postmaster", which is
another alias for "admin".