[BlueOnyx:10122] Re: Proxy modules?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Apr 13 11:59:27 -05 2012

Hi Stephanie,

> Does anyone know why the proxy modules are loaded in 5106R? in the
> httpd/conf.d/ajp_proxy is a module that does specifc proxying for tomcat.
> Is that related?

No, it's not related. There are several ways how Tomcat can be integrated into
Apache and the ajp_proxy is a convinient way to do so.

> This came to my attention seeing logwatch reporting on proxying attempts. I
> do NOT want my servers being used as a proxy for a bunch of reasons (and it
> appears the config is commented out). I am hoping to learn why these are
> loaded in BX but were commented out in BQ.

Yes, on BlueOnyx the proxy related modules are loaded, but they're
unconfigured. So they cannot be used for proxying unless you supplement the
right configs and restart Apache.

There certainly are Apache modules in BlueOnyx which can be commented out to
streamline things.