[BlueOnyx:10121] Proxy modules?

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Fri Apr 13 09:16:51 -05 2012

Does anyone know why the proxy modules are loaded in 5106R? in the
httpd/conf.d/ajp_proxy is a module that does specifc proxying for tomcat. Is
that related? It just seems like they are in there eating up memory and
increasing the httpd process size.

This came to my attention seeing logwatch reporting on proxying attempts. I
do NOT want my servers being used as a proxy for a bunch of reasons (and it
appears the config is commented out). I am hoping to learn why these are
loaded in BX but were commented out in BQ.

	Thanks,
		-Stephanie

Here is the section of httpd.conf that loads the modules:
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so

The configuration that enables them is commented out:
#
# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
# enable the proxy server:
#
#<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
#ProxyRequests On
#
#<Proxy *>
#    Order deny,allow
#    Deny from all
#    Allow from .example.com
#</Proxy>

#
# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#
#ProxyVia On

#
# To enable a cache of proxied content, uncomment the following lines.
# See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html for more details.
#
#<IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
#   CacheEnable disk /