[BlueOnyx:10149] Re: sendmail.cf changes after reboot?

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Mon Apr 16 12:58:42 -05 2012

There is a really good detailed discussion regarding this. Search the
archives for the message starting with "[BlueOnyx:10032]  Conf files
replaced by update".

Short answer, ONLY change the .mc file, and have your changes stored
separately in a backup .mc file so you can recreate the changes on the fly
when it happens. There is no way to prevent it, only fix it after the fact.
(actually there IS a way: turn off YUM updates. It's not a GOOD fix, but
it's a fix. ;) )