[BlueOnyx:10171] Re: Trojans and backdoors?

Darren Shea dshea at ecpi.com
Wed Apr 18 10:16:44 -05 2012

Chuck,
    That is a great idea, but when I tried to run the command, I got the
following message:
"iptables v1.3.5: --tcp-flags requires two args.
Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information."

Unfortunately, neither iptables -h or --help include any info on the
--tcp-flags arguments - what does the "--tcp-flags SYN" part do, and can I
just run the command without it? From what I can read about iptables, the
command " iptables -I acctout 1 -p tcp --dport 25 -j LOG --log-prefix
Outgoing_E-mail" should have pretty much the same effect, right? It seems to
be generating entries already (over 3000 packets in about 12 minutes - all
look legitimate), but it doesn't tell me much about what program is sending
these out.

I had already scanned all the sites for malicious code (and found one
straightforward, unobfuscated version of the r57 shell) after the problem
first began on Friday. As I said, I did remove all that code and all other
exampes of suspicious code I came across, and it appears we haven't had any
further recurrences in almost 23 hours

Thank you,
  Darren
  ECPI Western Broadband