[BlueOnyx:10192] aliases not working.

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Thu Apr 19 12:02:07 -05 2012

I have a situation where aliased accounts are being delivered to the
non-aliased account on another domain on the same box.

We have two domains with some overlapping usernames and aliases. The two
conflicting accounts are jwsmith1 at domain1.com (username jsmith) and
jsmith at domain2.com (username jwsmith).

When we send emails to jsmith at domain2.com the alias file appears to be
ignoring the alias and dropping the mail in the jwsmith1 at domain1.com
<mailto:jsmith1 at domain1.com>  mailbox.

I have tried rebuilding the aliases but no change. At least I think I'm
doing it right.

[root at bo admin]# cd /etc/mail

[root at bo mail]# make

make clean && make

makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable

newaliases

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

[root at bo mail]# make clean && make

rm -f *.db *~

[root at bo mail]# makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <
/etc/mail/virtusertable

[root at bo mail]# newaliases

/etc/mail/aliases: 72 aliases, longest 10 bytes, 708 bytes total

/etc/mail/aliases.majordomo: 33 aliases, longest 91 bytes, 1674 bytes total

Any ideas?