[BlueOnyx:10193] Re: aliases not working.

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Thu Apr 19 13:03:35 -05 2012

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roy Urick
  Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:02 AM
  Subject: [BlueOnyx:10192] aliases not working.

  I have a situation where aliased accounts are being delivered to the non-aliased account on another domain on the same box.

  We have two domains with some overlapping usernames and aliases. The two conflicting accounts are jwsmith1 at domain1.com (username jsmith) and jsmith at domain2.com (username jwsmith).

  When we send emails to jsmith at domain2.com the alias file appears to be ignoring the alias and dropping the mail in the jwsmith1 at domain1.com mailbox.

  I have tried rebuilding the aliases but no change. At least I think I'm doing it right.

  [root at bo admin]# cd /etc/mail

  [root at bo mail]# make

  make clean && make

  makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable

  newaliases

  make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

  [root at bo mail]# make clean && make

  rm -f *.db *~

  [root at bo mail]# makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db <  /etc/mail/virtusertable

  [root at bo mail]# newaliases

  /etc/mail/aliases: 72 aliases, longest 10 bytes, 708 bytes total

  /etc/mail/aliases.majordomo: 33 aliases, longest 91 bytes, 1674 bytes total

  Any ideas?

  Roy

  Try deleting and then re-adding the aliases from the /admin area.
  Or, change the username for the one user.
  Or make a copy of both  mail contents, then delete and re-add both users.

  ----
  Ken Marcus
  Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
  http://www.precisionweb.net