[BlueOnyx:10228] Re: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates - more fixes published

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Apr 20 06:58:12 -05 2012

Michael, thank you for your quick fixes on this even though I wasn't
affected. Nice write up of the issues too.

May I suggest we bring back the testing repo?  A repository that you can
put new code in before it gets moved into the production repo.  This can
even be automated so that things go in there for 24-48 hours beforehand.

You do an awful lot and I imagine testing has become complex.  I'm sure
there are others like me that have a production machine and a
testing/dev machine that we wouldn't mind enabling the testing repo on.

It won't catch everything but may help catch these sorts of issues where
people have different server configs.  You can relax a little on testing
every setup although you may have to deal with more of us reporting bugs
so it is a trade off.

Just an idea.

Dan

--