[BlueOnyx:10286] Re: RewriteRule problem

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Sun Apr 22 02:24:58 -05 2012

>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$     /index.php?stub=$1

Hi Michael,

This is puzzling because if I copy the RewriteRule it works fine on another
site (site2).  Both sites were set up in the same way

I have the following in /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site21.include:

<Directory /home/.sites/132/site21/web>
  Options All
  AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Then in /home/.sites/132/site21/web/.htaccess I have your:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+).html$     /index.php?stub=$1

But I'm now seeing a 500 Internal Server Error. I've surrounded the above
with <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> ... </IfModule> but it still gives me an
error.  If I comment the two lines with # then there's no error but,
obviously, the rule isn't active.

Index.php currently only contains print_r($_GET); so that I can see if
anything is sent, but I don't even get that far.

I created a blank/fake/empty site entry to get away from site10 in case
something had gone wrong with the original site ID (10) but that hasn't
worked. I'm wondering if any new site will have this problem.

Regards,

DD