[BlueOnyx:10355] Re: Updating PHP

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Apr 26 20:19:05 -05 2012

Hi List.

On 4/27/2012 2:51 AM, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> SB9-PageKeeper Service wrote:
>> Where is the best deal for the php upgrade for 5106r to be found? Do
>> they take paypal?
>> I'm In the usa.
> I wouldn't get mine from a source other than Compass or Solarspeed.
> Both accept PayPal.  Both are overseas.  Both provide a good level of
> service and support, and what's more, they are active in furthering
> BlueOnyx.   Without their ongoing support of the project, it would be
> substantially more challenging for the platform to continue.
>
> Compass PHP
> http://www.compassnetworks.com.au/shop/compass-php-p-44.html
>
> Solarspeed PHP
> http://www.solarspeed.net/product.php?id_product=36

There is some news that has been gradually percolating around the
community that is relevant to this discussion. Recently, there has been
a lot of co-development work happening between Solarspeed and Compass.
We have started working smarter, not harder. Wherever there is a package
that we both make, we will retire one product to reduce duplicate
development efforts.

We have also done some core Blueonyx changes to make PKG installation
more relable in general, and corresponding enhancements to NewLinQ.

Many of the Solarspeed packages are now available via Compass. I had
actually overlooked the PHP package, so my apologies for that. I will
need to do some work in the near future to make that happen.

There has also  been a lot of progress on the WHAM installer with a lot
of new and updated modules available, an improved build system to
deliver more frequent updates, suPHP integration, and lots more.

Stay tuned...

Regards,
Greg.