[BlueOnyx:10370] Re: Missing vhosts data

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Fri Apr 27 12:26:07 -05 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ernie" <ernie at info.eis.net.au>
To: <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:49 PM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:10358] Missing vhosts data

>I did and yum update to a 5016R server the other day, and something went
> seriously wrong. The last update on it was back in February which went
> fine. This time about 670+ item were updated which surprised me, but for
> some reason PHP stopped working on all the vsites. I have the Solarspeed
> PHP 5.2 package installed.
> So I thought perhaps it needs a reboot, after such a large the update.
> I did that and on boot up up poped an Ext3 error and I couldn't login,
> bash
> was missing!
>
> I booted on the installer CD in linux rescue mode and did an fsck which
> found a
> lot of errors, but only confined to the /root volume. Which was strange,
> as
> if it was a drive failing the whole LVM should be effected.
>
> Anyway I manged to install the bits that fsck removed, all except the
> contents of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts which is empty.
>
> How can I rebuild /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts ?
>

> - Ernie.

Ernie

To me it sounds like your drives are failing. I'd restore the backup to a
new server / new set of drives.

Or if you have to get it to work on this server, try changing something from
the  /admin      GUI   for a site, and see if it re-creates the file.

----
Ken Marcus
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net