[BlueOnyx:10358] Missing vhosts data

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Fri Apr 27 00:49:13 -05 2012

I did and yum update to a 5016R server the other day, and something went
seriously wrong. The last update on it was back in February which went
fine. This time about 670+ item were updated which surprised me, but for
some reason PHP stopped working on all the vsites. I have the Solarspeed PHP 5.2 package installed.
So I thought perhaps it needs a reboot, after such a large the update.
I did that and on boot up up poped an Ext3 error and I couldn't login, bash
was missing!

I booted on the installer CD in linux rescue mode and did an fsck which found a
lot of errors, but only confined to the /root volume. Which was strange, as
if it was a drive failing the whole LVM should be effected.

Anyway I manged to install the bits that fsck removed, all except the
contents of /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts which is empty.

How can I rebuild /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts ?

- Ernie.