[BlueOnyx:10378] Re: open_basedir restriction in effect.

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Fri Apr 27 17:08:00 -05 2012

Hi all. My apologies for bugging you on a weekend :(

I still seem to be getting no further. To recap:

	I want to run a PHP script via crontab. The entry in /etc/crontab
is:
	12,42  * * * * root php /home/.sites/70/site4/update_products.php

update_products.php contains:

	$fn="/home/.sites/70/site4/product_list.csv";
	if(file_exists($fn)) { ... }

The file is uploaded via FTP from an AS400 somewhere. If found, it should be
parsed, then deleted.

Whenever I try to run this through the shell, with "php
/home/.site/70/site7/update_products.php" I get an error:

	PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
	File(/home/.sites/70/site4/product_list.csv) is not within the
	allowed path(s): (/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/
	configs/php/) in /home/.sites/70/site4/update_products.php
	on line 10

I am logged in as admin and use su to become root.  I get this error even if
I copy the file to /web/. However I *can* run the file by browsing to
http://<domain>/update_products.php

All files and the /site4/ folder are owned by a username of the site. The
only thing out of the ordinary is that the host name is 'upload', not www.

This is on 5108R, fresh install, no other packages added. It also used to
work on the server that was reimaged recently, a 2009 install that was
otherwise up to date.

Any ideas?

Dick