[BlueOnyx:10381] Re: open_basedir restriction in effect.

SB9-PageKeeper Service ml at sb9.com
Fri Apr 27 23:45:25 -05 2012

Yo!
Down and dirty php...
I had to move a bluequartz 5100 to BO without the help of cmu because the
drive failing
sectors took out codb and friends and i had no vsites or groups for the
cmu..
Hosed the GUI bad! everything else worked...

here are my seat-of-the-pants notes i made to make
things run for now, they are crude but give fast sure unsecure results.

I posted this cron a few days ago but I was wrong by using DD cron's path...
I spent a ton of time trying to make any older php stuff run on my 5106r...

I use curl -s over the web for the cron.. its anything but secure but it
does work.
this example the cron adds good & bad ip's to the firewall and the hosts
files...

*/5 * * * * curl -s http://web.url tohack/mydir/index.php >> /dev/null 2>&1;
/root/mydir/bad.hosts.cron.sh >> /dev/null 2>&1

The very very unsecure way to fix the open base restriction since the update
i've been using is..
(the update didn't phase us at all last week not 1 php error)
clear the field in the GUI and add a forward slash '/' saving and you get
something like the below: look very caefully to the first '/:'
that means none nada zip... var whatever!
I hate to say this but its the only way i could get old clients junk to
work...
I had to get results like A>S>A>P to avoid any phone calls... WARN!! it
don't get much looser than this...

(php tip:) to delete or make documents the DIRECTORY must be chmod to 777
and special scripts to 755, files you write 666.

GUI SITE PHP
 Register Globals: On

 Safe Mode: Off

 Safe Mode GID: Off

 Safe Mode include directory: /usr/sausalito/configs/php/

 Safe Mode exec directory: .

 Safe Mode allowed evelope variables:
PHP_,_HTTP_HOST,_SCRIPT_NAME,_SCRIPT_FILENAME,_DOCUMENT_ROOT,_REMOTE_ADDR,_SOWNER

 Safe Mode protected envelope variables: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

 Open basedir:
/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/home/.sites/64/site14/

 Allow URL fopen: On

 Allow URL include: On

 Upload max filesize: 2M

 Post max size: 8M

 Max execution time: 30

 Max input time: 60

 Memory limit: 16M

I no longer have to put anything in the .siteNN.include anymore (thank you
micheal. i know its unsecure and very bad practice)

Hope this helps someone. be careful and use at own risk..
David Hahn