[BlueOnyx:11083] Re: AWSTATS and authentication not working on 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 3 01:15:15 -05 2012

Hi Richard,

> I've got an ongoing problem with AWStats which has been there since the
> server was installed back in February (it's otherwise running very nicely).
>
> The problem is two-fold:
>
> 1. The authentication fails with an Internal Server Error - seems it's
> looking for additional modules and secondly - when I access
> www.site.com/awstats <http://www.site.com/awstats>
> 2. If I drop the security for a bit then there's no stats visible due to
> some mishap with logrotate.
>
> Has anyone else seen this and nudge me in the direction of a fix?
>
> It was raised back on email BlueOnyx:9730 but I've not managed to get
> anywhere.

I just looked into it again. The problem is that 5108R is missing the
RPM "mod_authnz_external", which is present on 5106R and 5107R. It
provides the ...

AuthExternal pwauth

... method for authentication, which AWStats uses.

This is a bit of a bummer for me. The original "mod_authnz_external" RPM
and SRPM was created by Brian Smith for BlueQuartz and he also had
rolled up a version of it for 5106R when we were still in the early
alpha stage.

However: I cannot find the SRPM's that I used to build the
"mod_authnz_external" for 5106R or 5107R. I'm currently digging through
various build boxes, RPM archives and email archives to see if I can
find anything. If not, then I will have to recreate it from scratch.