[BlueOnyx:11094] Re: Can't delete server administrator

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Aug 3 12:41:39 -05 2012

Hi Michael, hi Jeff,

>> The error is "Unable to remove the root user account, root-username".

Ok, I have fixed it in SVN and also uploaded fixed base-user* RPMs to
the YUM repositories:

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/918/

The problem was that the /usr/sbin/userdel command on 5107R and 5108R
claims that the extra admin is still logged in (even if it is not) and
therefore refused to delete that account.

The work around I applied is to "--force" the account deletion instead,
which skips that check. As I didn't want to apply more "force" than
required, only extra server admins are deleted this way, while all the
other users (and siteAdmin's) get deleted in the "old" way.