[BlueOnyx:11140] Re: Mailman in Blue Onyx

Tobias Gablunsky t.gablunsky at cbxnet.de
Fri Aug 10 04:22:20 -05 2012

Hello,

> Hi William,
>
> > Mailman
>
> I think this mailing list article should answer most of your
> questions:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.devices.blueonyx.user/7478/
>
> If you enable the "Site Prefix" for the site in question and
> then create
> a mailing list, the arbitrary number in front of the Mailman email
> address is replaced with the "Site Prefix". That generates
> 'nicer' list
> email addresses.

I don't think it is nice in any way to have a prefix to a listname. If I want a listname I give it the one I want to - no prefix needed in any way.

I would highly appreciate if the lists are created without prefix. And I even cannot see the need of the prefix. As far as I can see it is only used as an email address and this already has to be unique for every domain.

Kind regards,

Tobias