[BlueOnyx:11196] Re: Setting language for spamassassin

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Aug 21 05:09:14 -05 2012

Hi Wisja,

> I'm using Solarspeeds AV-SPAM V5 on my 5108R. Spam is tagged an delivered as aspected,
> so no problem there. When looking in /usr/share/spamassassin there are local language
> files. I want to change the language for the whole server (all users) from English to
> Dutch so I'd need 30_text_nl.cf to be loaded. But how? There is no way to do this
> through the GUI, not as admin, not as local user. I only found some links on google
> for blocking languages there are used in the emails and thats not what I need. I just
> need to change the language of the message sent to the user after receiving a spam
> tagged mail.

Typically SpamAssassin checks which "locale" (system language) the local
user is configured to use. Based on that it will then replace the text
in the SpamAssassin message with the desired language, provided
SpamAssassin supports this language.

On BlueOnyx the default language locale for all users is English, so
that's why you see the English texts in such emails.

Now there is a (somewhat) dirty work around for this:

Edit the file /etc/init.d/spamassassin as "root". Somewhere at the top
you see this two lines:

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

Just above that place this line and save the changes:

export LANG="nl_NL.UTF-8"

Then restart SpamAssassin:

/etc/init.d/spamassassin restart

That will - to some degree - fix your problem in the way you want it.
The texts that SpamAssassin substitutes into detected SPAM's will then
be in English *and* Dutch, like in the example below:

Spam detection software, running on the system "5108r.smd.net", has

Content preview:  THIS ENTERPRISE IS AWESOMELY FEATURED IN SEPTEMBER
2000 MILLIONAIRE,
   AUGUST 2000 TYCOONS AND AUGUST 2000 ENTREPRENEUR Magazine. ====> Do
you have
   a burning desire to change the quality of your existing life? [...]

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 0.4 INVALID_DATE           Ongeldige Date: header (niet RFC 2822)
 0.8 DATE_IN_PAST_12_24     Date: is 12 tot 24 uur voor Received: datum
 4.0 DCC_CHECK              Gevonden in DCC
(http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/)
 2.0 PYZOR_CHECK            Gevonden in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/)
 0.0 DIGEST_MULTIPLE        Message hits more than one network digest check
 1.2 INVALID_MSGID          Message-Id is ongeldig, volgens RFC 2822
 0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY      Informational: message has unparseable relay
lines
 1.0 SAGREY                 Adds 1.0 to spam from first-time senders

Spam detectie software op het systeem "5108r.smd.net", heeft dit bericht
als mogelijke spam aangemerkt. Het originele bericht is bijgevoegd als
bijlage bij dit bericht zodat u het kunt bekijken (als het geen spam is)
of soortgelijke toekomstige berichten blokkeren. Zie the administrator
of that system
voor meer details

Gedeelte van de inhoud:  ====> The fact is we have many people in our
enterprise that
   earn over 50k per month from the privacy of their own home and are
retiring
   in 2-3 years. ====> Become Wealthy and having total freedom both personal
   and financial. [...]

Analyse details:   (9.4 punten, 5.0 vereist)

 pnt regel naam             omschrijving
---- ----------------------

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Michael Stauber
Stauber Multimedia Design
Hauptstrasse 32
D-56244 Goddert / GERMANY
http://www.solarspeed.net
mstauber at solarspeed.net

Check out Aventurin{e} - The Linux Virtualization Appliance!
http://www.aventurin.net