[BlueOnyx:11241] Slightly OT: Filezilla client not recognizing the site symlinks

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Thu Aug 30 13:41:10 -05 2012

I've used Filezilla for years on BO/BX platforms to move my site data on and
off. I just tried using it again on my current production box and noticed an
odd (and HIGHLY annoying) behavior.

When I hit the /home directory and try to follow one of the named symlinks
to the sites (/home/sites/www.site.com) filezilla thinks it's a file and not
a directory. I just get a "not a regular file" error and have to manually
track down the actual website under .sites by directory number.

I can follow the symlinks just fine if I use the dos ftp client.

Any ideas?