[BlueOnyx:11247] Re: Slightly OT: Filezilla client not recognizing the site symlinks

jeffrey Pellin - PX2 jeffrey at px2co.net
Fri Aug 31 06:39:59 -05 2012

Hi,

I use Filezilla on my production BO boxes and I cant
reproduce this - I follow the symlinks fine. However I always use sftp
to connect.

I am currently using 3.5.3.

If you wanted to set me up a
test account on your box I would be happy to see if I could follow the
links. If I can it's a prob with your Filezilla install, if not it must
be something weird on your box.

You could try SFTP to see if it makes
a difference.

Regards

Jeffrey

---

 JEFFREY PELLIN
 Director

JEFFREY PELLIN CONSULTANCY LTD [2] WORK: 01692 558226
 MOBILE: 07768
451738
 EMAIL: jeffrey at pellin.co.uk [3]

 		See who we know in common
[4]

On 30.08.2012 19:41, Roy Urick wrote:

> I've used Filezilla for
years on BO/BX platforms to move my site data on and off. I just tried
using it again on my current production box and noticed an odd (and
HIGHLY annoying) behavior.

> When I hit the /home directory and try
to follow one of the named symlinks to the sites
(/home/sites/www.site.com [1]) filezilla thinks it's a file and not a
directory. I just get a "not a regular file" error and have to manually
track down the actual website under .sites by directory number.

can follow the symlinks just fine if I use the dos ftp client.

> Any
ideas?

Links:
------