[BlueOnyx:11254] Re: archive email

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri Aug 31 11:02:08 -05 2012

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Gerald Waugh wrote:
>> Hi Blues,
>>
>> I have a client that due to gov regulations must start archiving all
>> emails (sent and received).
>> Has anyone tackled a similar problem.
>>
>> Ideas on applications and storage of all that email.
>>

> We offer a hosted spam firewall appliance.  You could set it to archive
> ALL email, then point the inbound MX to it and smarthost your outbound
> through it.
>
> The only problem with that I can think of is in the case of local
> delivery, in which case I believe that a BlueOnyx server would bypass
> the smarthost.

Another thought:  I believe that Greg over at Compass offers a
MailScanner PKG.  The conventional use of MailScanner of course is to
scan for virus and spam, but you could set it to record EVERYTHING and
not do the spam / virus scanning through MailScanner if it's handled
elsewhere.  That could be a better option.

Then I would imagine you could set a cron to rsync the contents to
another box or off-site as may be necessary / desired.

I'm just spitballing here...

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services