[BlueOnyx:09525] Re: unknown filesystem type 'cifs'

Don Teague blueonyx at donteague.com
Sun Feb 5 12:49:55 -05 2012

No ideas?

----- Original Message -----
From: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
To: blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it
Sent: Fri, February 3, 2012, 11:26
Subject: [BlueOnyx:09517]  unknown filesystem type 'cifs'

A few months ago I set up the following in my /etc/fstab file...

//172.18.10.171/storage        /mnt/filesrv   cifs    rw,username=xxxx,password=xxxx,domain=xxxx

I'm not an expert when it comes to mounting a file system, but if I recall, all I did to mount it was "mount -a"

Well, when I do that, I get:
[root at localhost ~]# mount -a
mount: unknown filesystem type 'cifs'

I've got two 5108R's running, and both have the above line in /etc/fstab. I did re-boot the machine in question last night, but I can't figure out what would have caused the above error.

Any ideas?