[BlueOnyx:09526] Re: unknown filesystem type 'cifs'

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Sun Feb 5 13:24:40 -05 2012

Don Teague wrote:
> No ideas?

mount.cifs mounts a Linux CIFS filesystem. It is usually invoked
indirectly by the mount(8) command when using the "-t cifs" option. This
command only works in Linux, and the kernel must support the cifs
filesystem. The CIFS protocol is the successor to the SMB protocol and
is supported by most Windows servers and many other commercial servers
and Network Attached Storage appliances as well as by the

See http://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.cifs

--
Gerald