[BlueOnyx:09552] Re: servers give 'old kernel warning

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Wed Feb 8 09:54:46 -05 2012

Gerald Waugh wrote:
> Initialized two servers running 5108R using XEON E3110 CPU 3.0GHz.
> while booting up, after hitting 'F1' so I can see whats happening
> I see something similar to;
>    "Warning you are using an old kernel set max CPUs to 1"

[admin at sv4 ~]$ uname -r
2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.x86_64

These servers are using IPMI and we had issues with that and had to
compile new Ethernet Drivers. When we tried a yum install the
kernel-devel package it wanted to install 2.6.32-220.4.1.el6.
We were able to find an rpm that had the kernel src/headers

--
Gerald